Oral health is crucial for kids and adults as well. Therefore, dental sealants are effective in preventing cavities
in patients of all ages. Numbers show that sealants reduce about 80% of tooth decay. The good news is that you will continue brushing and flossing teeth to boost your oral hygiene. Dental sealants come at different costs depending on the material that we use. They also have bountiful benefits that last for a long time. Here’s everything you need to know about dental appliances.
What are Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are thin protective coatings that we use to paint the surface of your teeth. What are dental sealants made of? Typically, we use resin or glass ionomer to make dental appliances. They work best on molars and premolars that need protection from tooth decay. In addition, sealants on front teeth are possible since they might have cracks on them.
How Do They Work?
For starters, molars and premolars have deep fissures and pits. When you eat, the food particles tend to accumulate in the grooves. As a result, bacteria will build up, causing tooth decay. The good news is that we use dental sealants to seal the pits so that bacteria won’t enter your gums and teeth. Plus, the acids that damage your dentition won’t get in at all. You won’t experience holes in your teeth since you will have the utmost protection of dental sealants.
If your teeth already have cavities, we can place the sealants to prevent further spread. We will also keep an eye on your teeth to ensure that we contain the infection. The dental appliance works well with early decay.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants benefits are countless provided you get an experienced dentist. You can visit us at Zara Dental
enjoy our impeccable services. Here are the main advantages of choosing dental appliances:
- Restore tooth function: If you have pits or grooves in your teeth, dental sealants will close them. This way, you can grind or chew food with sheer simplicity. You don’t have to worry about indigestion since the sealants will help you chew accordingly.
- Prevent plaque build-up: Food particles that accumulate on teeth lead to plaque build-up among children. Sealing molars and premolars smooth out the teeth surface, making it easy to brush them. Once you get dental sealants, you can remove the sticky food with typical oral hygiene.
- Keep oral diseases at bay: With dental sealants, oral diseases such as gingivitis and tooth decay won’t affect you. Periodontitis and tooth enamel destruction will be a thing of the past. Your oral health will be excellent at all times.
- Painless: We apply dental sealants for kids quickly, and you won’t feel any pain or discomfort. Thus, there is no need to feel anxious since the process is utterly painless. Once we complete the process, you can eat and resume your regular routine.
- Cost-saving: Dental sealants will help you save money since we apply it at an early age. You will cut costs on dental appliances that need you to treat three or more teeth with cavities.
- Time-effective: Applying a cavity sealant takes less than an hour. After that, you only need to come for visits to ensure that’s in excellent condition. Plus, it will save you from time-consuming procedures in the future. Our goal is to protect your teeth so that you won’t experience long processes due to damaged dentition.
- Early application: We can apply dental sealants at a young age when premolars and molars grow. Therefore, your teeth get the utmost safety it needs at an early stage. The natural dentition won’t wear out since the enamel has a protective coating.
- Long-lasting: Typically, dental sealants can last for quite a long time. You only need to brush and floss regularly to boost your oral health. You will be free from tooth decay and gum diseases as well.
Who is the Right Candidate?
Children and teenagers are ideal candidates to get dental sealants. Typically, kids from 6 to 14 years qualify for the procedure. We will seal the primary or baby teeth to prevent any looming tooth decay. This begs the question, can adults get sealants? Yes, adults can get sealants since dental appliances benefit people of all ages. Studies show that as age advances, the chances of getting cavities increase. With time, your saliva changes based on the medication that you are taking. Thus, it might not protect your teeth from cavities. Hence, it is crucial to consider the cavity sealant to uphold your oral health.
How Does the Process Look like?
Essentially, dental sealants placement is a straightforward and painless process. First, we will clean your teeth to get rid of food particles and plaque. Also, we will keenly examine your dentition to look for tooth decay. If there are any cavities, we will clean out the infection using a drill or dental laser. The next step is to dry your teeth and surround it with absorbent material for utter dryness.
Then, we will clean your tooth with a mild etch solution. The substance roughens the tooth’s surface and makes it easy to bond with the sealant. We will then rinse out the etchant and dry your teeth once again. Next, we apply a thin layer of the bonding agent to your dentition. After that, we paint the dental sealants on the chewing surface of your teeth. Finally, we utilize curing light to harden the sealant for outstanding results.
How long does it take to put sealants on teeth? It takes about 5 to 45 minutes, depending on the number of teeth that we will treat. Our experts will ensure that no saliva touches your teeth during the process. This way, the bond will be strong, and no contaminants will affect the dental sealants.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Dental sealants for toddlers are secure and free from side effects. Therefore, you shouldn’t be worried about the controversial BPA in the appliance. We assure you of sealants safety since the amount of BPA in it is low. You and your loved ones won’t suffer any harm from the substance.
How Long Do Teeth Sealants Last?
Dental sealants last for up to 10 years with excellent oral hygiene. However, it would help if you visited our clinic for regular checkups. We will look for wearing or chipping to reapply the teeth coating. Our professionals will replace the sealants to protect you from cavities and other oral diseases. Now that you are aware that there are no tooth sealant dangers, you can get them at any time. They are durable and work effectively.
How Much Do Dental Sealants Cost?
Dental sealants cost about $30 to$60 per tooth, depending on your location. Discounts or insurance plans can lower the cost for you. Patients under the age of 18 can benefit from health coverage. Therefore, you can check with your provider to see whether the company covers the dental fillings cost or not.
Where to Get Dental Sealants In Houston, Texas?
If you are in Houston, Texas, Zara Dental is the best place to book an appointment. We have the best dentist in Houston Texas
, who will attend to you. The expert is board-certified and has many years of experience in the sector. During the consultation, the dentist will discuss with you if dental sealants suit you. Our friendly staff will assist your kid or teenager in all ways to get comfortable. The dental sealants cost is affordable; hence, you don’t have to break the bank.
Is sealant good for teeth? Yes, dental sealants are beneficial for your oral health. They shield teeth from an early age of six to adulthood. Dental sealants are affordable and take a short time to apply. There is no downtime since the process is painless and comfortable. There are no risks or complications that come with the procedure. According to sealant dental definition, your molars and premolars need the treatment. Contact us at Zara Dental for consultation. One of our staff will take your call to book your appointment.